Monday, September 27, 2010

Blessed

We officially have godparents for our sweet precious baby!!! Brian and I had never really talked about who we would want to be in charge of raising our kids should something happen to the both of us. The first time we even mentioned it, we both already had a couple in mind. We decided to say it at the same time, to see if we were thinking about the same couple. We indeed were! What a comfort to know we were on the same page in this area without even having to think about it! Adam and Amy Page are such good friends of ours. Brian and Adam have grown up together, being the best of friends. I met Adam and Amy about 4 years ago, when Brian and I started dating. Amy and I had an instant friendship and I treasure her so much. Adam and Amy got married back in July of this year, and Brian and I were both honored to be in the wedding. We could not think of any better couple to be parents and to love our kids and show them Christ’s love.



Last night after church, we decided to ask them about taking this role in our baby’s life, as well as tell them our news and ask them to pray. When we first asked them, we asked that they take some time and pray about it, as it is a huge responsibility. They agreed and said they would talk and pray and let us know. We then told them our news, and we all just cried and prayed together. We made it clear that our tears were not for sadness, and we did not want them to pray for any changes. They agreed and encouraged us so much. By the end of the conversation, Adam looked at Amy and said, “I think I can speak for both of us when I say that there is no talking needed; we would be honored to be a part of this baby’s life.” We looked at Amy for confirmation and she sweetly nodded and then just started crying again. We hugged for several minutes and she told me how she would always love my baby as her own and how she could not wait to hold him/her and she would always be there for the baby.


Wow…are we blessed or what?! I want to cry just writing this. Adam and Amy are such a huge blessing to us and I am so thankful God brought them into our lives, as well as brought them together in marriage. They are doing such big things to glorify God, and I know He has huge plans for them. It’s comforting to know that our baby (and future babies) will be in wonderful hands should something ever happen to Brian and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment