Sunday, September 19, 2010

Praising the Lord for the 2nd trimester!!!

We had our 2nd ultrasound last week! Everything looked great and our baby showed off for us again. I just love being able to see what's going on inside of me!!! It's definitely reassuring to see our baby and to see it move all around while we watch. Baby was facing my back, so our pic shows the baby face down. However, you can definitely see a head and profile!!! We also got to see the little hands go up to the face again and again. At one point, the baby even stretched out for us! It was amazing :)

As for the screening, we will get results back in about 6 weeks. Dr. Long said everything looked healthy and the heart rate is about 160 bpm. According to the old wivestale, we may have a girl on our hands. But we will know for sure in about 7-8 weeks (if baby cooperates!!!). We have been throwing around several names but haven't made a final decision. A few girl names we like are Maelynn, Mylee, Karlie and Presley. For boys, we like Carson, Conner, Carter, and Marshall. I think once we know what it is we will have an easier time choosing!

Here is a 12 week belly bump pic...baby is growing!!!



Yesterday marked the first day of my 2nd trimester! I am so thankful that we are out of the critical 1st trimester. The chances for miscarriage now go way down, even though it's always a possibility. I should be able to feel the baby move in about 3 weeks, which I have so been looking forward to! I still sometimes find myself in awe that I am pregnant...it's weird when you cannot feel anything inside of you. The sickness did not leave with the first trimester, unfortunately. I am praying that it will fade in the next few days. I had a really bad day yesterday, when I attempted to go to an FSU game with Brian. I made it almost to the end of the 1st quarter then literally almost passed out. :( Today was a little better, but I still got sick twice. I pray that it passes soon so that I can make sure my baby is getting all the good stuff he/she needs.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks, where we will just do a check up and hear the heart beat again (which sounds like a miracle!!!). Until then, I will leave you all with a picture of Baby Stiles :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great, and I will continue to pray for you. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete