Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The worst disappointment...

Okay so rewind to Sunday, almost a week ago. We cleaned and did some stuff around the house, and I actually decided to pack my hospital bag! haha finally. Saturday 2 of my good friends came over and helped finish the nursery, as far as organizing and putting stuff away, so I figured I could at least pack my bag and Maverick's diaper bag. Well, around 1:45 Monday morning I woke up with a sudden urge to use the bathroom. Nothing new, it happens several times every night. As I was waking up and trying to get out of bed, I realized I was soaking wet, and so was my bed. My first thought, I peed myself...oops. Well then I went to the bathroom, and peed for like 10 minutes, no lie. I also checked out the situation of my pjs. I then went and turned on the bedroom light and noticed the huge wet spot on the bed. However, it was clear and odorless, and definitely not urine. So then I thought, oh my....my water broke. So I gently woke my husband and said, "hunny, there's no easy way to tell u this but I think my water just broke." I have never seen him sit up from a dead sleep more quickly! We talked for a second and determined that yes, it must have been my water. So I called the dr's office and left a message, and waited on a nurse to return my call.

Of course, she told us to come on in. So I took a shower, we called our family and close friends, and off we went. Freaking out the whole while. :) Well, long story short, they checked us in, examined me, determined that my water had NOT broken, and put me on the contraction monitor. I was having mild contractions about 10 min apart, but was not dilated at all. She said she wanted to monitor me for a bit, but I would probably end up going home. Talk about heartbreak... I was on the monitor for a couple of hours, and she rechecked to see once more that my water had no broken. She kept insinuating that I peed myself, but I swear it wasn't urine! haha!

SO then we had to go to the waiting room and tell our friends and family that it was a false alarm, but thanks for spending your night up here waiting on this news! :( I was devastated. We went home around 5 or so, and felt so empty as we boarded the elevator, empty handed. I thought I was the only one taking it hard, but Brian was pretty upset too. We had gotten so excited and nervous and our adrenaline was pumping at the thought of meeting our little boy that we have waited all this time for. It was very hard but I finally accepted that God has perfect timing and this was not the right time. Mav still needs to stay in his mommy and when he is ready he will come. So my next appointment is Friday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment