Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Big Boy!!!

I had my weekly check up this morning with Dr Laubscher. She's a hoot! I asked her if it was too early to strip my membranes and she said "No! I'm glad you asked!" SO she did and it hurt, but only for 5 seconds. I'm still only 1 cm dilated, but she was very happy that I started dilating on my own since it's my first baby. His head has also dropped more since last week. My blood pressure was a little elevated, and my feet were "puffy," but she said "that comes with the territory." :) She said she will see me back next week, but I am hoping she sees me (and Mav!) a lot sooner. Hopefully this will speed things up! I've been a little crampy all day, and contractions are coming too.

I also had to go to ROC this afternoon to get a last look at my baby boy on the inside before he joins us on the outside! He is gorgeous as always, with an estimated weight of 7 lbs, 3 oz already! He also has a head that's measuring as a 39 week 4 day pregnancy, and I am only 37 weeks, 4 days! The dr. said "You need to go into labor soon!" ummm no joke dude! Tell the little guy that...
He then shook my hand and told me that they didn't know what they were talking about by sending me to the ROC bc my little baby was perfectly healthy. I wanted to tell him that God was the one to thank for that, but he didn't get me much talking time! I am officially released from the ROC! Whoo hoo! Such a blessing and relief :)

Until next week, or sooner....

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come take a look Teuvo pictures blog. Also tell all your friends why he must visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag rise higher Teuvo images to your blog flag collection. Have a wonderful weekend Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete