Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No more work!

Yesterday morning I was feeling very nauseous and ended up throwing up 3 different times at work. I didn't eat or drink anything after that, except for 3 strawberries and 1/2 banana at lunch. I kept those down, thankfully. I was also having contractions all day, and when I timed them, they were 5-6 min apart! So I called the dr's office around 1:30 and they wanted to see me right away. I went in and my blood pressure was super high, 150/98! It usually stays around 120/80. So of course the dr was keeping an eye on that. He then checked my dilation and I was only 1 1/2 cm. Definitely improvement since last apt, but I was getting discouraged. I just knew that I was going to be more than that! They then hooked me up to the contraction monitor for about 45 min. The contractions were steady but irregular in strength. They took my bp again and it was still high. Dr. Wells came back in and ordered some lab work for me to go do this morning. He also said he wanted me out of work "until further notice." He said he looked for me to be back before my Thursday appointment, so we will see! Either way, I am getting excited because my due date is 11 days away! That means one way or another, we will have our baby boy in less than 2 weeks! I know this will sound reeeally weird, but I still sit back and think, "I can't believe I'm pregnant!" I'm going to be someone's Mommy in a matter of 2 weeks or less! It's such an overwhelming blessing and I can't wait to meet this special boy who has my heart already...

No comments:

Post a Comment