Monday, August 23, 2010

Catching up...

Thursday was a bad day for me. I vomited about 5 times total the whole day, and each time it was just water. Water. No matter what I ate or drank, my body was rejecting water. Well, of course this means dehydration. So you know where I ended up Friday morning. Laying on a table at NF Ob/Gyn as they hooked me up to an IV and pumped some fluids into this dehydrated body! I had lost 4 lbs in 2 days, and the doctor was not happy. Of course, he knew it was out of my control, but also wanted to fix it as soon as possible. We got there around 9 and did not leave until at least 2:30. I am not sure of the exact time, as I was very drugged by the time we left. He put some Phenergen in the IV, which knocks me out almost instantly. I had every intention on going to work after my IV, until he snuck that part in. Brian and I even drove separate, but ended up leaving my car until later that night when he and his step dad came back for it.

Needless to say, I slept the whole day Friday, and most of Saturday. I was starting to feel a little better, then woke with a cold yesterday morning. Does it ever end?! Although I must admit, I would fight a cold every day for the rest of the pregnancy if this nausea would just leave me alone!!! I kept everything down for the most part all weekend, until last night. We went to a friend's house to celebrate his birthday, and his grandpa had made homemade icecream for the special occasion. Yep. Home. Made. Icecream. It was simply amazing and the coldness felt wonderful going down. We left shortly after eating, and as soon as we walked in the house, I had to make a run for the bathroom. There went all my homemade icecream. :(

I am trying to remain positive and know that I will be able to enjoy this soon. I pray that it passes quickly! I am still thinking this baby may be an only child though... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment