Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making Progress!

I am happy to say that I am feeling good today! I have pretty much been fighting nausea for the past 2 weeks, and it has not been fun. I am so grateful when I think of what the outcome will be, but as Brian was holding back my hair the other day as I unvoluntary gave up my dinner, I let him know that this may be his only child. :) Of course, my decision is a little different today, but only because I am feeling better! I pray that I will continue to feel better so that I can enjoy every second left of my pregnancy.

We go to the dr. on Wednesday and will get to see our little baby for the first time! This is going to be such an emotional moment, and I am tearing up just thinking about it. I can't wait to see the miracle God has blessed us with! I pray that all is healthy and normal, and I ask that you all also pray for us and our baby.

Brian and I also made an important decision last night. At our first appointment, the dr. let us know that there are tests done to detect genetic diseases, and they are now optional. She said, "some people choose not to do the test, because it won't change their decision about the baby either way." Well, of course this automatically made me get defensive and decide that there was nothing that would make me change my mind about having my baby so no, I did not want the tests either. She told me that she wanted to give us until the next visit to decide and bring the paperwork back signed or unsigned. So I told Brian after we left and he immediately thought it was a good idea, that way we could be prepared if something was wrong. I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to know if anything was wrong and that was my decision. He asked if we could just pray about it and talk later. So I agreed.

Well, last night, I told him that we would soon have to make our decision. He asked if I had swayed my decision at all and I said not a bit. Well, he then began to express his concern about if something was wrong and the baby may need immediate attention early in the pregnancy, or even right after birth. What if something was wrong and we could help it early on, but didn't because we chose not to find out? This and the fact that he was so sincere about his point, made my heart melt (in a good way). Needless to say, after talking a bit more about it, we decided that we would go through with the tests, just to be cautious. No, nothing will change our decision about welcoming our baby boy or girl in March, but at least we will be able to take precautionaries if needed.

So that's that! I can't wait to update after our Wednesday appointment! :) Thank you in advance for your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment