Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Glad I bought the 2nd box...

For the last week or so I have had a daily ritual that included peeing on a stick...yes, I was taking ovulation tests to make sure that I am ovulating, and to find out when. I first bought a pack of 7, and wasn't going to buy anymore. After 6 days of negatives, I was beyond discouraged. Day 7 arrived, and still nothing. After talking to my sister and a good friend, I decided to buy another box. Maybe I was not "normal" and ovulate late...or early. So today was day 8...and guess what? I got a positive!!! Oh I was so happy I could have cried. I cannot imagine the joy I will have once I finally see a positive on a pregnancy test. This was a huge step for us though. I have been so worried that I may not be ovulating, and that it could be a reason we haven't conceived yet. Thankfully, God chose to hear my prayer and gave me this huge sign that everything is okay, even though He didn't have to. I love it when He does that for His children!

I am not saying that we will get pregnant this month, and that's okay if we don't. God has plans for us that we cannot begin to wrap our minds around, and for that I will forever be grateful. To know that He has spent His time planning our lives...that's an honor. I will gladly live out the life that He has made for me. I am just so grateful that He has given me this peace and assurance that everything will work out in His timing.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans for good and not for evil. To give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment