Saturday, June 26, 2010

While I'm Waiting...

Last night I realized something. Something big. I have to stop trying to run my own life and I have to start giving everything to God. I so often say that it's in His hands, or that He will handle it. Although there is soooo much truth in that, I have to believe it and not just say it. I also have to learn to prioritize. I want so many things at the same time and I just want to go and make them all happen. I have to learn that God's timing is not my own and I need to chill out and let him paint the picture! So on my way to work I heard a song that I love, and it was a great reminder from God that I need to just wait. Wait. Wait. And then wait. He's got this and doesn't need my help.

"I'm waiting. I'm waiting on you, Lord. And I am hopeful. I'm waiting on you, Lord. Though it it painful, but patiently I will wait. I will move ahead bold and confident. Taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting, I will worship. While I'm waiting, I will not faint. I'll be running the race, even while I wait." -John Waller-

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reminder for me too and I needed it right now. We are still waiting and I get tired of it. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete