Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's Official!

We are officially pregnant! Not that the 3 at home tests didn't persuade me, but having the doctor confirm was a huge relief! Both Brian and I were so scared we would get there just to have them look at me like a crazy lady and tell me I was not pregnant at all. But thank God, that is so not what happened! I am 5 weeks, 3 days and am due to have our little miracle on March 26, 2011. I feel so blessed and cannot wait for the road ahead!

We are scheduled to go back in 3 weeks (August 18th) for our first ultrasound. We should be able to see the little heartbeat by then and hopefully see the baby if it's big enough :) This new journey is so exciting for both of us and we are absolutely thrilled that God has given us this amazing opportunity!!!

I am feeling a little queasy this morning, but other than that all is well! We should hopefully hear back from Sonshine today, which is where Brian had his 2nd interview last week. We just want him to be in God's will...

Stay tuned for more updates!

7 comments:

  1. yay!!! when you go for your ultra the baby will look like a lil tiny peanut the size of your thumb nail :) but you will see the lil blinking heart beat! im so excited for you! and ill pray brian gets a call back from sonshine! love you. thinkin of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! Being a parent (and everything leading up to it) is what of life's greatest experiences and the birth of a child is possibly God's greatest miracle!!!

    Good luck to you guys on this awesome journey :) Cannot wait to read more as you go!!

    BTW, Rhonda took 5 at home pregnancy tests before we went to the doc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I know exactly what you mean when you said you wanted confirmation from the doctor! my first visit was weird because I was too early for them to tell anything but now everything is perfect :-) I am due on February 15th so not too far in front of you! I am so happy for Brian and you! That is the craziest feeling when you look at the pregnancy test, huh? I took one at a free clinic then took another one two days later to make sure it was right. If you have any questions let me know since you will experience what I am a few weeks down the road. I hope you are blessed like me and don't get morning sickness! I have just been experience lots of heartburn and as far as food goes I actually eat less. Good luck and God Bless your beautiful family :-)

    P.S. Baby will look like a little peanut in three weeks and seeing the heartbeat is such an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still so thrilled for you both! This is definitely a very exciting and miraculous time in your lives - savor every moment! Might I suggest a pregnancy journal - I have one for each kid and it's so cool to be able to go back and read them. I'll be praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for you, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! Enjoy every minute of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Carrie, funny you should say that because I got the same one you had when I came over to babysit the kids! Marcail passed it out to me as she was passing out all of the books for a "game." LOL! Don't worry, I didn't read it, I just remember the front and so when i saw it I checked it out and LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so excited for you all. You have a long road ahead of you but it'll be worth it when you see your bundle of joy. May God continue to bless you all.

    ReplyDelete