Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another curveball...

Brian graduated from UNF in December of 2009. We were told that his student loan would need to be paid monthly, starting 6 months from graduation. No biggie back then because we had 6 whole months to not pay, so why worry about it back then? Well this month is the 6th month and we still had not heard anything. I asked his mom to call the company yesterday, because we could not get logged into the account that she set up years back. All she could reach was a recording, which told her a payment was due immediately, for...$315.41!!! I literally almost choked when I read the text she sent me with that info. I took a deep breath and knew that God would handle it. So I called the recording and paid the payment from our house savings. Ouch. But I am definitely thankful we at least had the money to pay for it. I am just really struggling right now with TRUST! I was telling a good friend about the whole situation and she really encouraged me with a verse that I had read and reread a million times...at least. But somehow it brought out a new meaning this time...

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

It's so awesome that all God wants us to do is make our requests known to Him. He will take it from there! So right here, right now, I am letting go and letting God. He has a plan and this was no curveball for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment